Monday, December 13, 2010

Munnys and Dummys


Stephen got two Munnys from his parents that we made them ship us before they get here so I wouldn't be stressing to decorate them. If you do not know what a Munny is, here is a picture:
I was so excited to get them! Thank you Mom and Pop Howard for sending them so promptly!
So guess what I did all Saturday morning? That's right, dress them in wedding garb. That means I sewed a suit jacket for one and made a bow-tie and I made a wedding dress for the other and a bird-cage veil.
So good to see it.
In other wedding news we ordered our flowers all in about 25 or 30 minutes from the same woman. That means 6 arrangements, the bouquet, a matching smaller one for my sister and 6 boutonnières all for one kinda low price of 400,000 won. We figured it would be 300-500,000 so we were satisfied with our florist. She is even delivering to the church at 9 a.m. the day of the wedding.
It was a rather interesting experience though. I mean we told her the size we wanted and the kinds of flowers we like, which she kinda nodded at and pretty much said "I can make them lovely" so who knows what I'll actually be getting, but I love flowers in general so I can't imagine getting arrangements and being like "AH they're so ugly!"
Stephen and I went with the two women in my adult class (Bora and Louise) and it was so fun and relaxing. Just out to buy some wedding flowers, no big deal. We didn't even check with other shops to compare prices, which maybe sounds naive, but it was so much nicer that way. Just in and out.
Thank God for Korean friends!

In not so fun news, our church let us know this week that they don't allow non-christian music to be played in the church, "It's policy." So now that our band is on board we have to figure out another location to dance.
I don't think my argument, that any music which makes one praise God with joy in dancing is christian music, will fly.
But, if I have learned anything through this whole experience it is to trust God will take care of it. He confirmed our band, he got us a location, flowers, decorations, Munnys, friends and so much more, so what is one more location?
I feel God has over and over whispered to me, "Can you trust me with this one more detail?" and after a bit of frustration He usually gives me the faith to say, "Yes I do. Take my anxiety, take the issue and make it work."
And He is the most faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the glasses from? They are so cute! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete